01 August 2006

 

Wet Hot Japanese Summer

The spring semester at Doshisha ended officially yesterday, marking the end of my fourth month in Japan. I am heading for Shanghai tomorrow morning for two weeks of being a shameless tourist. Beforehand, however, I wanted to take a moment to reflect upon the past few months that I have spent in Kyoto and at Doshisha.

I must first say that the people here have been amazing, and sadly, many are returning home soon and will not be coming back, although I did get some free stuff as a result. Anyway, these wonderful people know who they are, so if I didn't say it before, I will say it now: it has been a true privilige.

Summer is not going to be all fun and games. I need to grab the bull by the horns and seriously commit myself to Japanese and to establishing a more concrete foundation for my research, which - I will wholeheartedly admit - I have not done ANYTHING up to this point.

But that is gonna change pretty damn quickly...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?